Saturday, June 20, 2009

Alternative to letting cats roam


I'm a big fan of the Kittywalk System. I bought my first component several years ago and added a covered part the following year. There are many more pieces than the two I chose, and I continue to resist adding them because they will take over my backyard!

Having the Kittywalk Deck and Patio as well as the Clubhouse is great because Molly can spend hours in the backyard with me and can watch the birds without catching them. She gets to breathe in fresh air and roll around in the grass. The Deck and Patio section is made of a fishnet material so she can hang out in the sun or shade, while the Clubhouse piece is enclosed with canvas along the bottom, top and sides. A small window allows her to peek out when she feels like it and there are flaps on either end. She likes to lie in the Clubhouse while watching birds through the flaps, and if she gets tired she curls up and falls asleep. I usually put one of her (many) beds in it and she's eaten quite a few meals alfresco.

For information on the Kittywalk system, visit their website at http://www.kittywalk.com/outdoor.asp

Three Star Pet Sitting Services's Fan Box

Calendar